Just for Laughs:




THE STEW PALAVA-COMEDY
This is just comedy and the words and actions portrayed in it has no relation to the bible passage so I request you agree with me. It’s for laughs…
Esau returns from his haunt in the forest and he is exhausted, soo hungry and comes home to meet Jacob preparing stew…
Esau: Jacob, my everlasting brother, the only brother who can change Ghana’s economy. The only Jacob with one c, Infact, I am lucky to have you as a brother.
Jacob: what is it you want this time?
Esau: mmmm,  I don’t really want anything ooo,(he keeps stretching his neck to look at the stew) and swallows his saliva.
Jacob: aww Esau my brother, you are hungry and I know you want stew
Esau: ehmmm, Biribi saa, saa p3p3p33….
Jacob: then you must pay with your birth right so that I become the first born,then I will serve you some stew.
Esau: Jacob paaa, birth right I go chop, oya take it. Being a senior brother has given me headache. Our father expects me to do more for this family because am the senior brother, I have to pay light bills, going to hunt etc
Jacob: so u don’t want it.
Esau: oh Jacob, are you still talking, serve me the delicious stew na tarkwa ehyii.
 He serves the stew to Esau and Esau leaves stage with the Stew and Jacob Leaves

On stage is an old blind man sitting in a chair about to die. He calls Esau. Esau comes
Isaac: my son, I am about to die, in the next five seconds, I will die and when I die, it means am dead, please go and make me some palatable light soup, I want beef, put small kako and chicken thigh. Don’t forget to add onga….yileleyi.. so that after I eat I will bless you.
Esau: eeiii papa Isaac, woanum ye wo dew, I will bring it right away.
(he hurriedly leaves) all this while, Jacob was listening from afar. Right after Esau left, Jacob comes in with the stew.
Jacob: da, I am here, arise, eat so that you may bless your son.
Isaac: is this Esau or Jacob
Jacob: oh daddy, are you saying I’m an imposter, its Esau your favourite first born. ( he hands over the food to him, Isaac finish eating)
Isaac: aaah eduana na eye dew se….edziban aa, dzidzi….my son, can you get me alvaro in addition…
Jacob: no dad, Isaac never drunk Alvaro remember
Isaac: I am 21st century Isaac. Anyways it’s time for your blessings. You shall be fruitful, You shall enjoy the fatness of this earth. You shall always enjoy electricity. Amen
Jacob: awwww daddy, may the lord God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob bless you for blessing me. (he leaves stage) right afterwards, Esau comes in
Esau: da, I am here, arise and eat, that you may bless your son
Isaac: firiho ko, but I just blessed you few seconds ago or that was Jacob. Eeei boys Abr3
Esau: oh please da, you must bless me before you die
Isaac: your brother has taken all the blessings. Sorry, I can’t help you
Esau: please if there’s even one blessing left, give it to me.
Isaac: ok if you insist, you shall serve your brother and all of  your descendants, not even a single day will you enjoy electricity, it will be dum dum dum dum dum, you shall buy one loaf of bread for 10ghana cedis, Boko haram will pursue you in your dreams. You can only survive all this through kpakpakpa
Esau: ah da, this burden is too much for me. Anyways, what is kpakpakpa
Isaac: oh you don’t know kpakpakpa, you pass here, you pass there and elaborate yourself, kpakpakpa kpakpa..
Esau: oh mabr3 egu, small stew oo (bibiooo)  (he leaves scene)


The End




  

Comments

Popular Posts